- Eigenfactor Score (EF): “A measure of the overall value provided by all of the articles published in a given journal in a year”.
- Article Influence Score (AI): “a measure of a journal’s prestige based on per article citations and comparable to Impact Factor”.
Not surprisingly, natural science/medicine journals based in the US are on most of the top 10 lists. Ola found that historical journals are way down on the list. But what about some music journals? As expected the figures are low. Here are some figures based on papers from 2008:
- Journal of New Music Research: Eigenfactor Score: 0.000473692 – Article Influence Score: 0.157158
- Computer Music Journal: Eigenfactor Score: 0.000509029 – Article Influence Score: 0.280096
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America: Eigenfactor Score: 0.0469173 – Article Influence Score: 0.631173
- Music Perception: Eigenfactor Score: 0.00107868 – Article Influence Score: 0.365948
- Organised Sound / Leonardo: not mentioned