Today I have added MultiControl to my GitHub account. Inititally, I did not intend to release the source code for MultiControl, because it is so old and dirty. The whole patch is based on bpatchers and trying to hide things away in the pre-Max5-days, when presentation view did not exist.
I originally developed the Max patch back in 2004, mainly so that I could distribute a standalone application for my students to use. I have only incrementally updated it to work with newer versions of Max and OSX, but have never really given it a full brush-over.
The reason why I decided to release the code now is because I get so many questions about the program. Even though there are several other good alternatives out there, a lot of people download the application each month, and I get lots of positive feedback from happy users. I also get information about bugs, and occasionally also some feature requests. While I do not really have time to update the patch myself, hopefully someone else might pick it up and improve it.
If you did not understand anything about the above, here is a little screencast showcasing some of the functionality of MultiControl: