Adding historic posts

I have moved my web pages back and forth between many servers and domains over the years, and each time something breaks and/or disappears. This is particularly the case for my various projects, and I realized that on my projects page more or less all the links were broken. But rather than trying to update that page, I have decided to start using my blog as an archive for projects, and tag them with projects. So over the coming months I will slowly start adding historic blog posts, trying to date them at the time when I first published the content.

First out of these historic documents is the project Laser Dance (2001), which was the first project where I got into interactivity in performance. The interactivity was based on a very simple solution: a single IR-sensor pointing in the same direction as a laser beam. Even though it only gave a digital signal (motion on/off), it had a strong visual (and auditory) impact. A good reminder that a simple solution can often work best!

Plugins, plugins, plugins

The world is becoming a huge collection of plugins. I hadn’t tried Google Chrome in a while, and just realized that not only has it become much more stable since the last time I battled with it, but I also find more or less all my favourite Firefox extensions being ported. This blog post is a test to see how ScribeFire behaves under Chrome. 

While am at it, I also installed the WPtouch extension to my WordPress install to see if that could help making my web page more accesible on mobile devices. The plugin is extremely easy to set up (just download and install), and the display is very clear (only the latest blog posts), but also very limited (only the latest blog posts). Not entirely sure how successful this approach is, but I will try it for a little while.