Here is how to create a USB drive for installing OSX.6 from a DMG file:
- Open Disk Utility
- Select your USB drive
- Select the “Restore” pane
- Choose your source DMG file
- Drag and drop your USB drive on the destination (I don’t understand why this isn’t already selected…). You should probably also select “Erase destination”
- From the “Images” menu, choose “Scan Image for Restore”. This will then check that your image is working. If you fail to do this, then you won’t be able to create the USB drive. It took me some time to figure out this step, but finally found the solution here.
- Finally, click “Restore” in the “Restore” pane