I am getting adjusted to my new MacBook and have realized that the remote control is a funny little thing. Cool features:
- Works with Keynote
- Holding down play button puts the computer to sleep
- Shows up as “Apple IR” using HI in Max/MSP, so that it can be used for controlling anything there. Only problem is that I can’t turn off the system functions while using it in Max.
To avoid people taking control over a presentation, here’s a short description of how it is possible to pair the remote:
- Invade your iMac’s personal space by getting up close to it (about 3 or 4 inches away)
- Point the remote at the Apple logo on the front of your Mac.
- Press and hold the Menu and Next/Fast-forward buttons simultaneously on the remote for 5 seconds.