A couple of pictures from the Jamoma workshop which started in Albi today, a lovely little town in Southern France.
Most of the day has been spent on getting people up and running with Jamoma and introductions. I hope we will have enough time to also discuss some pressing development issues. Some of the points high up on my lists are:
- UnitLib. Creating a separate library of units that can handle conversions between various units.
- GUI. Simplifying the GUI, deciding what should be in the GUI, what should be in inspectors and what should be left out.
- Separate algorithms. The algorithms are currently separate files from the module, but it is not currently possible to fully use the algorithms without using the GUI.
- Semantic namespaces. I believe in making things people-friendly!
- Self-contained modules. I am not sure if this is feasible or not, but I would love to see modules that are really self-contained, having network communication at a module level.